Saturday, July 22, 2006

tired out



so it ends.. sailing for 3 days in a row has been pretty exhausting but thoroughly worth the money and effort.. went on an expedition today after a really simple test involving travelling upwind and downwind and picking up lifejackets from the ocean.. went to loyang as well as coney island and had friendly races along the way as we tried to catch each others wind or just push each others sail outta the way..

so yeah.. more sailing anyone? love the adrenaline rush and exhilaration when the boat picks up speed and you just zip across the water hiking out whilst pulling the mainsheet tightly in..

aniwez, rushed to celebrate LK's bday after that @ the glasshouse where we sent a dedication in to the musician there for Mariah Carey's "We Belong Together" for Linken Jolie-Pitt's birthday.. haha.. quite funny really how one person can persist in acting so ditzy and "celebratory"... after that he was made to stand on a chair in the middle of the restaurant and like wave a sparkler around whilst we sang a bday song for him.. kinda really paiseh for him but real cool. must say the staff at Fish'n'Co are real nice and sporting despite being so busy scurrying around.

one thing I've realised is that people really do change through the experiences in army. some become cynical, some more adventurous and daring, some feel it's like it's a rite of adulthood... issit truly for the better or worse? I can't comment, neither do I want to comment, cos I've changed too and I kinda understand some reasons behind some people's changes.. things will never be the same again though sometimes I kinda selfishly wish it would.. oh well, that's life for u I guess...

aniwez.. 10+ more days before I leave the sunny shores of Singapore le.. it's like scarily near now that I think of it.. got tons of things not quite done(though i might be scaring myself). NYC.. i'll be seeing u soon!

No comments: