Saturday, December 24, 2005

i want a dog

christmas is finally approaching! i have this "holidays-must-be-family-days-so-must-be-very-happy-and-do-lots-of-stuff" syndrome sometimes.. but think after learning from my birthday, it's best not to expect too much and just be.. well cheerful for each day eh? everyday is special as long as you spread warmth and love to others.. haha

ended my duty in the morning(last of the year duh!), and then proceeded to bid farewell to my bunk for the last time.. =) then went to eat breakfast with my parents @ crystal jade @ holland v.. there i saw a cute fuzzy dog that was limping around pitifully and i was like "so poor thing.. let's adopt it lah"...

my dad's reaction? "so dirty like a mongrel, better not touch later kena disease" -_-

and at that exact moment some caucasian went towards the dog to check what happen and massage its feet whilst tickling it..

that was such a touching move.. and says alot about different perspectives towards things eh?

i told my dad afterwards that if he saw a dirty scruffy child wandering around the streets looking pitifully would he also say the same words to the child.. -_-

oh well.. looks like despite my obvious soft spot for dogs.. i ain't gonna get one anytime soon

No comments: