Monday, December 19, 2005

changing apathy to love

yup, that's the theme of our church camp this year round, where both student and big bricks fellowship combined to have fun and get to know each other better...

got to learn alot from this retreat cos the theme resonated with what I felt about big bricks, that it was getting a little too.. staid? boring? apathetic?

i dunno. but i felt it lacked vitality and life. I guess Pastor Sim felt so too, and hence the theme of the retreat and the aim of the camp to inject fun into the fellowship and do serious review of fellowship aims and so on...

seriously, i think we are honestly heading in the right direction liao, and with the frowing population of the student fellowship, looks like things are looking good... thank god!

but the speaker did say alot of things that touched my heart... including that God loves me first and hence I should love Him back and spread this love, LIVE the love out... also that the love of God is so assuring that He will never leave you lonely and without a spiritual buddy nearby... they are like gems nearby for you to discover...

i dunno why that really touched me. maybe it's my whole life story of struggle with maintaining lasting relationships with friends or maybe it's just the SIMPLE yet POWERFUL assurance that aren't we just so blessed to have God's unchanging, reassuring love?

I can jolly well flunk all my exams, not get into a single school, knock down all the poles in the circuit.. but seriously, at the end state, God still loves me and i dunno.. but that message was just veru powerful.. it's just me He loves... not my actions or what, and now He wants me to spread this love to others.. to let them feel it too.

there was something else i felt too, I dunno maybe i'm thinking arrogantly again or what but I think God wants me to be a good example for the student fellowship younger boys cos somehow I seem to be able to connect to them not in a way like a Teacher or Mentor like Wenhan, but more as a older friend or so on... i dunno, but that's what I feel and if so, then well I'll try my best to reach out to them and understand them better...

Back to more practical stuff, today was pretty fun leh, though i din get to enjoy the games at all cos I was station master for one and organizing for the other. =( Still it's gratifying, (though irritating to train my humble)to see people thoroughly enjoying the game and telling you you did a good job.

We played Amazing Food Race and Night Treasure Hunt (an adaptation of a Survivor Immunity Challenge where contestants heard a story and ran about finding stations to answer questions). Gee.. guess who thought out the games? =)

Night Treasure Hunt turned out to be (methinks) a success thanks to God, cos the excitement was really there as all 4 teams found all 6 "cities" at around the same time and all dashed to locate a "key" in a dark room before desperately trying to find their lock at the carpark... a great finale i think and by the end everyone was wiped out but i guess thoroughly happy. Praise the Lord!

I'll post pics if I have them... quite a memorable experience.. haha..

tired liao.. sleep!

No comments: