Saturday, April 01, 2006

remembrance and thanksgiving

THANK GOD!

honestly, with alot of talk about me being born with a silver spoon and being pampered etc etc.. then the debacle regarding how leaving things to God is a very irresponsible way to live a life (not true seriously - cos the act of leaving your burden to God doesn't mean you just sit back and dun do anything)

aniwez, this is a post of thanksgiving and really MUCH PRAISE to GOD.

thank God for Brown's and Cornell's acceptance, thank God for His provision of a job as relief teacher even when i thought it was a null offer liao

still a little apprenhensive about relief teaching considering how i'm not too much older than the group of people i am teaching.. especially with kiat saying like i'd be EATEN alive by even the girls if I went to teach in his secondary sch.. haiz.. just gonna pray for confidence and intelligence to teach what I need to teach =)

still on a high today, very happy and RELIEVED actually. after worrying for 2 years that I still don't have a school in US and might kena rejected by everything due to SAT screw ups, thankfully it has finally come to an end.

honestly, now with a concrete SCHOOL in my mind, I start to realise how my time in Singapore is actually slowly slipping away... will I miss the bustling city, the rude people who block MRT doors, the glorious food, the K-box sessions, the endless dota sessions and how people who boast inevitable kena OWNED like sia? (haha.. me) I'm starting to realise how fast 3 - 4 months might actually be before i fly off..

went back to camp on friday to settle my final clearance matters.. feels so detached liao, but I'm so glad to have made so many friends there.. it's quite amazing.. i spent like 6 months+ being a hermit-like QM and not getting to know anyone except probably Fred but then after that it's like the nightly mess sessions, the endless tiffs with little boy, watching Ch8 shows with Kiat during exercise period (with the pretext that I was "on shift"), the silly table soccer analysis with old and new officers, the bitch sessions with Junwen then Daniel, my continued presence in TCC2 then TCC1 which made the OCs comment that I was a multi-company PC, going out to eat in Reagan's car, and OF COURSE, the dota sessions which honestly became quite a ritual starting this year with the complete OWNAGE of Waikit's Broodmother, Kiat's PA, Noel's Lich, Reagan's SA...

nice collection of memories there... will really treasure them. thanks to everyone who made my 3 SIG experience so fun! =)

No comments: