Monday, April 10, 2006

ORD loh!

ORD loh!

10 Dec 03 - 09 Apr 06

BMTC 'G' Coy
OCS 'D'
SOL
3 Sig Bn



haha.. looks like an orbituary or wad.. aniwez, yeah, TODAY is my official ORD date. doesn't feel anything besides a weariness of having gotten through a whole sunday fm 7.30am to like 11.30pm without returning home.. sianz.

hmm.. i want to recap the most memorable events that transpired in NS.. to do justice to the 2yrs 4mnths i spent there.. yes.. it's NOT a waste of time afterall..

1. BMTC Taurus mix-up
First shock was the trip to the medical centre where I was appalled to find out I might be too FAT to stay in Taurus and might be transferred to an obese company. Honestly, that time I quite couldn't take it cos it was like just 10 days in and adjusting the intially army life there was bad enough.. so to add in an ego-plunging thing like this for an arrogant person like me was.. a little too much to bear.

When i finally had news that I WOULD be transferring, I was indignant, frustrated, anguished and more.. think I called back home and actually teared up, complaining to my parents that it was unfair of God to let me settle down 10 days in and get to know my section mates well and now pluck me out relentlessly and throw me to somewhere else.. (speaking of which.. HAHA.. i dun even remember a single of my 'T' section mates liaoz)

i pulled quite alot of stunts during this period, requesting to see PC to complain, then when i transferred over I was in complete misery, requesting to see OO and so on.. then finally reality sunk in. =)

2. Gryphon OC Night
The whirldwind of planning out a pantomine that including american idol mimicry and a whole slew of crap performances.. haha... there was guang yi designing costumes out of army wear and the 5 moulin rouge 'girls' practicing out their sleazy routine.. hmm.. interesting cos i think this solidified the friendship btw me, gy, fairus and sazali.. and was a fun time to unwind and have fun.

3. Entering OCS 'D' for the first day
jialat man.. really was.. i remember really completely dreading everything from the push up regime to the briefings from Staff and all the warnings, instructions, orders that was passed down. first night i went to see my PC and told him point blank that I felt worried that I wasn't able to cope with the training as i "could not run, do SOC or shoot".. felt so completely outclassed in every aspect and really dreaded every single day, be it the PT training, or just the insane turnouts or the morning hell 5BXs..

4. Parents Visiting Day @ Week 2, OCS
was really so grateful to see my whole family troop down and offer me so many words of advice.. i still have it in my diary, each of their supportive verses from the bible telling me not to fear, not to give up and just trust in the Lord. I was really running low emotionally and physically after the 2 week confinement period where everything was still hellish. furthermore there was IPPT right after the parent's visiting and I was really afraid I would fail as all the push up regimes had nearly destroyed whatever arm power i intially had.. so yeah, I was miserable and God saw to it. =)

5. Finally passing SOC with an amazing timing of 9.29
I was desparate, hopeless and really dejected liao as the previous SOC i took i had a record time of 20+ minutes and fell out cos I really couldn't take it already.. that SOC made me feel like it was really impossible and yet again I was going to get kicked out of OCS for not passing the requirement... so it was with this defeatist mentality that i started to try and 'prep' myself for the next SOC, feeling even more lethargic and worried.. but surprisingly, (i use the terms "God put wings on my feet") i just ran and ran and ran, completed the obstacles in quite decent time and then just run the life out of me.. i thot i fail liao cos the instructor counted down 5,4,3,2,1 before i hit the finish line but when I finally heard my timing, I nearly balked.. 9.29... I DID IT!

hmm.. blog about the rest another time

6. ROC, on the defense mission battling the frigid cold with Melvin
7. ROC, EX Red Beret, trapped on the mountainside, shivering in cold and kena wake up when we realised an animal was circling round our campsite..
8. Brunei, Day 1 of ChillHermit, my LOWEST of lows, where it just rained and rained and I realised I really might not be able to complete the 5 days of survival when i looked at my swollen, engorged and painful feet
9. SOL days on a whole - playing soccer nightly, going out for supper in the regulars' cars, having discussions of pretty pointless topics, the stressful EX Scimitar
10. NDP days - working with pple like Shijian, and the final sense of achievement and accomplishment when everything ended. for once i felt patriotic
11. 3 Sig mess days - bumming around with Kiat during exercises watching Ch 8 shows, trying my hardest to defeat Derui @ table soccer, going out to eat in Tang's van, singing songs like "Home" to un-subtlely hint to CO that we wanted to go home,
12. 3 Sig dota outings that grew in size and became something regular..

have alot of frens along the way to acknowledge.. haiz next post lah...

No comments: