Wednesday, June 28, 2006

huh.. that's it?



Life is sipping a caramel macchiato and eating a lemon citron tart at Starbucks Holland V whilst reading the papers... =)

oh well. aniwez, i finally went to do my VISA application today. Mind you, I was duly "frightened" by my parents and friends who warned of Hello-Kitty type of queues, sullen and unhelpful staff and insane waiting times. oh yah, and officials that were impossible to talk to, rejected you outright if you forgot to bring even a minute scrap of information and so on.

so yeah... i went at 7.20. and saw no one. -_-

went to grab some breakfast @ Tanglin Mall and when I came back, a small queue had formed outside the guard house which prompted me to jump into queue straight away (weihong was late.. -_-)

aniwez, the proceedings were decent lah honestly, people were generally decent (i wouldn't say friendly) and well, i "chopped" seats cos I was early.. =)

and the vetting process for my VISA was like..

official: please sign ur I-20 form
me: okok.. here it is..
official: so you going to cornell to study?
me: yeah..
official: ok.. you VISA has been approved. please come and collect it on friday.

WAH. that's it. haha. i'm amused by the exaggerative powers of some people. or maybe I'm lucky. either way, I'm glad lah. painless sia

oh.. and a tip to those people going there.. BRING A FRIEND. cos the guardhouse confiscates your handphone and other electronic devices like MP3s.. so unless you are "traditional" enough to bring a book, you'll be spending eternity inside staring at your toes and at other frustrated people waiting. NOT FUN. haha.. hence the use of a fren. haha.

No comments: