Sunday, June 18, 2006

cable skiing

ok.. i'm off to army-lite the next week and will be uncontactable for most parts of the week. (yah.. OBS) honestly, having mixed feelings about OBS cos the previous time I went I got my worst experience of camping outdoors during a thunderstorm, shivering through the night in my soaked clothes in a pathetically built tent that fit so many people it was like some disaster relief tent in Somalia.

(well.. it was the worst till experiences in Brunei trumped it)

Aniwez, uploaded the pics from cable ski liao.. A little upset with them cos I didn't manage to get shots of me gliding through the water looking like a pro (haha!) or the one where I was imitating a jump start at cable ski.

It was darn fun lah, mainly cos I DID IT! haha.. the few rounds that I managed were really fun especially the turns where you got yanked across the water and the speed was just exhilarating.. and then upon reaching the dock, you get to attempt a suave homecoming moving which hehe.. looks darn pro.

BUT of course I didn't quite pull off the homecoming move and always ended up tumbling into the water very un-glamly. (Linken perfectly the "damsel-in-distress-wondering-why-she-is-sinking" signature move when he just sank in looking astonished) Got a few neck aches and bruises due when I position my board wrongly and kena yanked off the board at the turns.

actually speaking of that day, there was also a thunderstorm and struck around 11+ to 1+ and forced us to play "ti-tee" in the leaking shed, and when we recommenced with the skiing, it was BLEAK. the combination of icy winds and incessant drizzle sent everyone into fits of shivering that grew pretty alarming esp with the girls and err.. Alvin (ha).. but I think after awhile I forgot abt the rain when I finally nailed the sit-start and started being able to get out of the dock area. =)

so yah.. very fun. reccommend to everyone, though if u are like my parents like that who keep wondering why people would pay money to get themselves flung into the water repeatedly and come back with bruises and aches aplenty, or if u are like linken who pretty much got WORSE and WORSE as the day went by till he was pretty much confined to the dock area and wailing about disgracing his family and being "Zen" like about the whole thing. pop trash sia.


Me and Alvin's Med Fac Frens..


Waiting for my turn at the dock.. See ma, no helmet! hehehe


4 of us


gonna sleep le.. think i got some last minute cornell forms that i needa feel up. ciao!

No comments: