Friday, May 26, 2006

thanks alot!

to the students, teachers of NYJC.. thanks for giving me such a wonderful time teaching and talking to y'all..



I must say I was really touched these two days when my two classes E2/D3 each showed their "appreciation" for this "bogus" relief teacher.. I got presents, cards, msgs showing me their appreciation.. (wah.. like my bday liao)

all i can say is.. i'm overwhelmed. honestly, I don't think I have received so many presents on a single day besides on birthdays. and all for something I pretty much thought was gonna be clinical, purely altruistic, and money-centric.

guess I thought wrong. I guess that's the biggest satisfaction of teaching. that you actually manage to do something significant (hopefully) in the students and they appreciate your efforts. so yeah, I'm so glad for this NYJC experience.

NYJC is different from RJC. somehow I feel more homely here, people just seem nicer and not so cutthroat in terms of everything, be it grades, CCA, and so on. People genuinely support their classmates in stuff like oratorical competitions, which would otherwise have garnered a pretty pathetic or even sarcastic support in RJC. It feels good to know your friends are truly your friends.

oh well, aniwez let me prattle down a list of thank-yous..

to Ms Cynthia, thanks for approaching me and offering me the job. Thanks for the belief that I would be able to do my job and hence the free reign you gave. Thanks for the witticisms and genuine kindness throughout the job. Thanks for the muffins you gave us. haha

Boon Sin, thanks for intro-ing me the job as well as your frens, whom all seem to agree that you're pretty hyper at times. thanks for the guidance and the countless of essays I forced you to read.

Xiu Wen, Sanah, Vicky, thanks for being the "other" relief teachers, so that I didn't feel so awkward or out of loop. thanks for the "intelligent" conversations during lunch/ brunch that could span up to 3 hours where there were no topic boundaries. thanks for the presents, really really didn't expect it. WOW.. really appreciative of it.

to my students, (if you ever find my blog.. haha!)
thanks for letting me reach out and teach you all, even though obviously I looked pretty young. Thanks for NOT stepping over me and allowing my lessons to go smoothly. haha, if you all ever need help, yeah, just ask via msn/msg.

D3, you were always my try-out batch in terms of lessons, so really sorry if sometimes I seemed a lil' confused or when I didn't quite make sense. thanks for the gifts and the "good" homework that you all consistently handed in.

E2, thanks for bringing life to my otherwise(at times) pretty boring lessons with your silly questions and general enthusiasm. haha.. thanks for responding so well to some of my lessons and making me feel like I did a good job. haha!

to the rest of the english teachers, thanks for all the help you offered and the way your warmly welcomed us into the department.

thank God for this wonderful opportunity.

yup, that's all! I enjoyed my time thorougly. bye!

No comments: