Monday, May 01, 2006

Japan Travels, Day One

i'm sitting in the living room of my sister's little abode trying to figure out the keys on her jappish computer (which is irritatingly translating every few letters i write into japanese.. bleak)

oh.. and to further irritate matters, i'm inflicted YET again by the going-overseas-sure-kena-flu sickness which always sends me wheezing and sniffing on the first day of the tour. which presents two problems from the start. firstly, the quarantine officer always looks suspiciously at me when he sees me shuffling by wheezing like a pneumonia-stricken patient. the bigger problem however, is the fact that japanese are absolute clean freaks. (in addition to them being complete queue freaks ~ if anything needs to be done, queue first) Hence, imagine their chagrin and distate when their fellow passenger in their sterile, septic train compartment is wheezing and biffing out feathers of tissue paper coated with icky goo. Hmmm.. guess I'm not too popular with the people here liao...

so that ends the frenetic day of traveling, transitting, sitting till my butt ached, eating repeated airline food (which i honestly think has improved greatly and tastes pretty good!), waiting for plane delays, shopping at duty free shops, and hearing a mixture of jappish, thainglish, and everything in between. oh, and the person sitting beside me on the flight to Japan was actually an Afghan! (cue patriotic, terrorist-suspicious music).. hmm.. it's actually pretty interesting hearing someone say his home town is Kabul, when most of the times u only hear that in the news.

my sis is chasing me to bathe liao cos she needs her daily dosage of mindless chit-chat and movement updates with her boyfriend, which she has gotten completely irrationally besotten over. my mouth still smells of the delicious tako-yaki and hamburger onigiri that I bought along the way up to my sis' house. japanese food honestly tastes SO good when eaten at the roadsides.. take that you lousy singaporean mass-made tako-pachi shit!

ok ciao!

No comments: