Friday, May 26, 2006

dental hell

i think humans are pretty amazing.

you will never ever manage to make a dog obediently open it's mouth whilst you jam pincer-like appartus into it and repeatedly drill away at its teeth and gums.

yet, humans willingly sit there and wimper whilst going through such "sufferings" and then after that pay a whopping sum to their tormentors, who's only word of advice is the generic "bursh your gums and teeth" statements..

geez, dentists DO have it good. (yeah. good work Edgar. good work Sophia)

and if you wonder why I was in such pain, yeah, it was due to years of neglect of my teeth and the many many ice mochas i indulged in in school to ensure I didn't fall asleep whilst teaching lessons.

so yeah, now my teeth are bright and shiny again. and honestly i intend to keep it like that. I think dentists purposely make it so painful so it forms an emotional scar in you such that you would be duly frightened into either ensuring you dutifully brushed every inch of your gums and teeth, or just heck it and wait for your teeth to rot.

then again, considering the money they bring in just for mere polishing and cleaning.. i doubt they'd be so kind.

***
tmr's my last day. I'm already very touched by my D3 class. but more of it tommorow when my relief teaching stint finally comes to an end.

No comments: