Monday, May 29, 2006

the small print in going overseas

seriously, I was pretty naive when I thought I was going to have an all-expense paid trip to the US once I got the scholarship..

MY GAWD. the current hidden costs are just taking large swipes off my pitiful bank account, leaving me hanging dry. ouch! so scholarship doesn't cover deposits to the school, immunization jabs, health reports and the list goes on..

dude, that's like $600+ already!! WHAT'S a scholarship for!?

sigh.. ok i'm not really complaining.. cos most of my expenses are covered, but these "minute" additional costs are turning out to be much bigger than previously expected.

boo. today's swipe at my bank account was a $80 immunization jab for Meningococcal whatever (i'm NOT the doctor) and Influenza. sigh. so i'm paying for someone to inject dead bacteria/virus in my body. bleak.

on a happier note, i'm pretty happy today cos i finally got to drive my parent's car ALONE. yay! it take alot cos my mom's pretty hard to convince.. (she has her own driving test for me to pass before allowing me to drive).. like when my sis nearly scalped her car whilst driving up a carpark, she literally banned my sis from driving for quite awhile..

so yeah.. another step forward! =)

No comments: