Monday, August 28, 2006

decisions



i was actually pretty conflicted the past few days over what courses to take and so on. yeah, it's actually pretty true that when you are handed too much freedom sometimes you just go crazy and become overambitious and just take as many courses as you want.

but stuff from church today reminded me of something somehow...

"do not gauge/build your life on what other's perceive as success"..

and yeah, I realised two things regarding the whole process of course selection - 1. that I "conveniently" forgot to consult God regarding such important decisions 2. that I was being "kiasu" and just following the general Singapore crowd to cram as many courses as possible and try to look damn good if I manage to ace everything. yeah, that and leaving myself with a slight excuse if I *touch wood screwed up in a way or another.

so yeah, after the sermon, I was pretty sure I wanted to drop asian studies. but then, kept feeling a sense of pity since i had spent like 3 fricking hours deciphering one japanese text and actually was quite interested in it.. but then, something also struck me..

"everything has its place and time"

and yeah.. with that renewed resolve, i logged on the JTF and dropped asian studies.

yay! no more homework for the week! =) hahaha...

No comments: