Monday, August 14, 2006

Day 3, NYC to Ithaca



didn't have much time considering the airport scare and my mum hyperventilating over the additional time needed for the tighter security.. so we sorrta reached the airport @ 2.45pm when our flight was scheduled to fly at 6.00pm... -_-

meaning I bummed around in the transit area for like 2 1/2hrs. thankfully i had a trusted book with me to take up the time.

well aniwez, it was to the UN building today for a short excursion where we saw famous statues with deep meanings but sigh.. who actually will abide by such things man.. hmmz.. din have much time to visit, so went to grab a bite at a roadside bistro which served yummy crepes!


My half-eaten crepe with garlic potatoes.. Yummy!


Had choc fondue after that! They gave much larger servings of chocolate as compared to Haagen Daaz, but the fruits given was pretty miserable.. =(


Ithaca we headed next via a teensy weensy plane that had like only 10 rows of seats.. how quaint! Take off was a marvellous experience cos it gave us a breathtaking view of NYC, identifying the unmistakeable Empire State Building and the perculiarly angular Central Park. and so that was it of NYC.. now to bumsville(haha)

i think it's retribution for me laughing at liksin over the ulu-ness of Sengkang.. OMG. Ithaca is like BLEAK. I went down to the Commons(i guess somewhat like the heart of the city) and wow.. it felt like some dilapidated old wreck of a town with crumbling restaurants and like ZILCH entertainment.

oh my... bring me home!! even the supposed visitor's center looked positively like a ghost manor with cobwebs all around. and yeah.. it was closed. I was so disappointed I gave up taking pictures and so yeah.. that's abt it le..

one more day till school starts.. hmm.. looks like its just the trees, the books and the people. haha.. might NOT be too bad. i hope.

No comments: