Sunday, March 05, 2006

the endless wait

i just realised news of admissions in school would only be available from 30th march instead of the "march" that i was thinking of... -_- which means more waiting, more having to forestall people asking me where I'm going to study and more feeling really worried and wondering whether ANY schools would accept me or would I need to apply to local unis and do the tedious process again.. not saying there's anything wrong with local unis... but considering it took quite a bit of effort to get an overseas scholarship and to apply to so many unis overseas.. i'd be a little.. well maybe very pissed. and yeah.. my ego would come crashing to the ground =(

went for the princeton interview on saturday and before that I was sweating, worried about my ang-moh having deterioriated through the course of NS, worried I would start all the colloqial-isms and talk army talk... well.. i DID talk army talk, cos yeah, many experiences there have shaped my life and my outlook on life currently..

i think it went ok lah.. honestly i soon realised the interview didn't carry much weight cos (i) HONESTLY what's my chance of entering Princeton? hmmm.. (ii) the questions asked were like normal fluff and not to grilling scholarship interview questions like that of PSC (i hated all of the scornful idiots on the board. so what if i didn't know nuts about singapore politicians and the shit!)

oh well aniwez it was a pretty fun interviews.. i like interviews at times cos it forces you to reflect on your life and think of your own views of issues.. like the interviewer was asking me whether I would be at a disadvantage after "resting" my brain during NS for 2 years.. then i realised that actually i was priviledged to have many opportunities in NS to work my brains, analyze stuff, plan events and so on so.. no.. my mind didn't rot in NS as per popular opinion.. it was more like conditioned in other ways...

oh well.. hope things turn out fine =)

No comments: