Friday, September 08, 2006

frank wants his apple pie!



poor frank simply cannot get into the mood to study.. how?!

sianz.. finally when i rationalize with myself that it is inevitable that mugging must be done daily, events and stuff start flooding in le.. and no.. i'm not joining any clubs or what YET.. it's just the various outings, ultimate frisbee sessions, tennis matches with joshie, scurrying around to get homework questions checked, watching loads and loads of anime just completely drains time away. haha.. maybe that's the inevitable fact of uni life. *wry grinz

went to celebrate ck's bday yesterday @ some bar in collegetown(more time wasted.. haha) and well I just cannot comprehend the insane rule of not being able to drink until you are 21(following the date).. gee. u let people drive at the age of 15 and yet people cannot drink till 21? the end-result is just that people purposely drink to feel mature.. -_-

i'm starting to itch not having my trusted cam-phone around me le.. ithaca/cornell in general is gorgeous.. the buildings are archaic, the libraries and quaint, my favourite being Uris Hall which has a beautiful room nicknamed "Harry Potter" room by all of us.. (hmm.. i'll be grabbing the pics soon) the outside scenery is just AMAZING.. honestly, which other school has a gorge that criss-crosses through the campus and which other school has a lake, forested area, plantations and whats it not.. it's just wah.. beautiful and I've really come to appreciate the beauty of things as I make the sian walk to and fro between north and central campus. -_-

so as we were walking back from collegetown yesterday night mist was surrounding the balch residences as we crossed thurston bridge and the whole atmosphere was just.. WOW.. for lit students, it reminded me of Daphne Du Maurier's Rebecca, the scene where Rebecca leaves the house plagued with all the bad memories. haha.

then today finally the weather turns to a magnificent 25 degrees and above and the sun finally decides to show up. now i finally understand why last time ang-mohs come to singapore and practically swoon over the hot weather and sun whilst we singaporeans are practically wilting and dashing into cool shopping centers.. but trust me, after days of gloomy cold and rain, today was positive smashing with the bright sun and cool weather.

hmm.. crapped alot le.. but finally lemme talk about the apple pie incident at Appel today during dinner. I had finished like my main course of yummy pretty-much authentic chinese food and was waiting for my favourite dessert liao - the apple pie with ice cream then sianz.. i went to the dessert counter and there was like no more apple pie. so i wait.. and wait.. and got so sian of waiting, and upon advice from others that there would most likely be no apple pie today, i went to make myself a quarter of the belgian waffle and ice cream. then as I was starting to chomp down my waffle happily there comes along Desmond with a plate of glorious apple pie. then Guanqing as well. then Caroline, whom all proceed to seat around me and send me into pure sian-ness. WAAAH! HOW CRUEL man! and then when i went back to grab one slice, it ran out again!! -_-

apple pie is against me today. bleak.

No comments: