Saturday, January 21, 2006

singing away the blues

darn.. my throat hurts REAL REAL bad, speaking in this darn husky, shushed voice that couldn't be heard amidst my relatives loud chatter in the restaurant tonight. and i mean loud.

oh well, my mom says I deserved it. cos i went to K-lunch this morning and squeezed out every iota of tune and harmony from my voice to sing $6 worth of songs.. kept alternating between clucthing the mike, singing rapturously and gulping down large amounts of lemon water to try to push my sore throat to deeper recesses of my oesophagus.. yah rite!

so now i have a whopping sore throat. -_-

aniwez i realised there are many types of singers when K-boxing..
(P/S DO NOT TAKE THIS TO HEART. I APOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE)

there's the buay-hiao-bai type of people who are pretty off tune yet just blast their entire vocal-chord's worth of sound into the microphone, drowning out other people's otherwise pretty decent voice..

then there's the know-thyself type of singer who plainly refuses to use the mike to sing and just whimpers some monotonous tune out whilst placing the mike at their adam's apple. -_-.. i mean!? it's K-box lor and we're your friends lor, not like you're auditioning for American Idol rite?

then the rest fall in the middle.

oh well.. it's darn fun. though seriously the sore throat for me was a serious buggeration. darn.. next time lor

No comments: