Thursday, February 16, 2006

extreme makeover: room edition

my bones ache alot. spent these two days scurrying around with my big project of redoing my room aka facelift by debbie travis (guilty TV pleasures @ 12 noon)...

so i started the painting on tuesday. and boy, i wanna shoot debbie travis for making everything D.I.Y. look so simple. sheesh. realised my paint was uneven, realised somehow i was like very various shades of blue across the wall... got really pissed with the paint roller that kept falling off and dirtying my floor, forgot the turpentine, left my brush with paint to dry and harden and spoil...

-_- i SUCK at such stuff man. and thanks to my procrastination, now i only have done two panels of nice blue-y walls (thankfully it turned out well) and am started to fret my choice of colour.. cos it makes my room seem very dark.. then.. it doesn't seem to match my furniture leh... sianz!

whatever lah.. must go buy more paint liao for the next 2.. dun even know whether i have enough time.. pooh

aniwez, Jack had the unfortunate coincidence of planning an outing on V Day itself, so it was me, Jack, Ed and Luke walking around realising the whole singapore was out flooding restaurants with retardedly expensive "love" menus... since we couldn't enter like ANY food joint besides fast food, we just walked around finding the most mismatched couples, counting the wierdest gifts and yeah... spotting the random gay couples here and there.. haha..

realised a few things -

1. there's a very cool shop @ Millenia Walk called Candy Empire... somehow any shop crammed to the brim with assortments of glittering chocolate wrappers and boxes just makes people feel happy and tempted to walk in and soak up the "chocolatmosphere".. kinda understand Charlie's feelings when he entered Willy Wonka's factory liaoz..

2. Marina Square is really completely different now and the shops are very ultra-modernistic chic too... there's even a Baleno:Attitude.. which i guess sells more up market Baleno stuff... hehe..

3. Carl's Jr is a dream come true for people who complain of measly burgers.

4. Brokeback mountain tix were ACTUALLY selling fast at the Marina Square cinema.. wah.. first time i see a R21 show that is selling fast lor.. amazing.

tired... tommorow i wanna buy the IKEA stuff to fill my room liaoz.. ciao

No comments: