Tuesday, October 18, 2005

one more day!

i was literally grinning as i left my bunk today after work, thinking of the familiar smell of the airport at midnight and the familiar sounds of the planes... hehe... one more day till my trip to korea!

this trip is particular appealing to me cos it allows me to dump my frustrating and stressful work at my battalion, allows me to relieve my mind of the constant worries of me failing my SOC and needing to training to grow thin again, and also lets me go to the airport as a passenger this time round, and not some miserable "receiver" of friends... bleah..

the feeling is particularly sweet considering the last visit i went was with me wearing a tie and "forming up" in the airport to go to the desolate place of Brunei.. what a turn off...

aniwez, these two days at the battalion sure passed pretty fast, and with fred, tang and wee kiat not around, it was pretty sian-ish.. haha... went out with derui to eat dinner @ JP and was suan-ed by him the whole way with his "you'll get your understudy only in Feb lah!" comments...

if that really happens I'll be mightily pissed and go march to S1 branch and raise a big ruckus...

whatever it is, had a good talk with him after he 'sobered' down and well, i realised I have become more skeptical about the good nature of people nowadays, especially after trying to lead my department well.. the rife backstabbing, the fake cooperations, the many failures and problems my men conjure up have really shattered the vulnerable faith in me concerning the goodness in people... and seriously, i'm pretty sad at that... don't understand why people must degrade to such a level...

oh well.. time to forget it all and enjoy for awhile! yippee!!

No comments: