Friday, December 29, 2006

gone sailing



a combination of the dreary rain and the retardedly slow internet speeds caused a few days of abject misery where there was pretty much nothing to do. except eat. -_-

well, glad weather finally turned better on thurs and especially TODAY! bright sunny skies! =) so happy! now i noe why ang-mohs come to Singapore and are so eager to soak up the sun whilst we Singaporeans rush into shopping centers and think the ang-mohs are siao. lol

aniwez, went sailing yesterday where I lernt several things abt life(wah.. so philosophical life)..

1. sometimes its good to be patient and wait for wind instead of pointlessly tugging the rudder left and right... haha.. it was nice to just sit in the lil' sail boat and wind for wind to pick up.. look at the surroundings (besides the water) and admire the scenery singapore has to offer.

2. sometimes in life storms are the most memorable and fun part of your life. trust me, the most fun part of the expedition was when we kena caught in the storm and the torrential rain just obfuscated stuff and made sailing really tough, but the accompanying wind was.. SUPERB for sailing.. haha (shit.. gonna get scolded by my mom le)

3. to discover new lands you need to have courage to lose sight of the shore. OBS motto(?).. but haha.. i'm a scaredy cat who doesn't dare to venture too far lest I capsize or what shit, and I'm equally scared of the debris floating around the sea, ranging from corpse-looking plastic bags, to snake-like branches and twigs.. gives me a serious shudder.. lol. i'm a chicken man. now you noe eh liksin.. haha

4. sometimes, when you suck at something, just relac and give yourself an escape clause by saying you wanted to have a leisurely time doing the thing.. HAHAHA...i fully utilised this today.. cos i realised i couldnt pull my sail to the required close-haul position, so I let it hang at around beam requirements and them steered my boat in the beam directions.. haha.. oh man.. whatever lah.. I couldn't blame the weather, the cold-ness, my sailboat or what.. but it's pretty much cos I sucked that I never could catch up with the rest of the sail boats.. lol.. man

haha.. i've been too frank man.. but well.. sailing's fun =) liksin says if i think i suck i should go for more. -_-.. hehe.. let's see lor.. somehow i think i have developed a phobia for dirt and stuff.. becoming too obsessed with cleanliness.. is the army effect wearing thin? haha.. i dunno

No comments: