Saturday, March 15, 2008

memories of NYC

wow.. time really flies, as I am clutching my jackets and figuring out what jeans to bring to London for spring break i kinda reminisce the awesome winter break i had traipsing round orlando, NYC and van.

Didn't really have high hopes since
a) I wasn't a disney person as sheryl put it, and well, I kinda went more for the rides.. which made me utter "dis..appointing at ever turn"..

b) NYC was dead. to. me. having been there 4 times or more and just having been to ever single free destination that was around, I was getting sick of it.

c) Van wasn't particularly appealing either. lol.

but hey! i guess going with low expectations helped out ALOT. I thoroughly enjoyed myself in all phases of the trip and yeah.. it was a blast.

NYC revealed herself much more to me thanks to cw guiding us around for 'photo assignments' as well as introducing great food places from momofuku (yummy tsukemen and overrated BBQ pork bun -_-), to the home-reminding nonya, to that quirky japanese restaurant where we over-ordered like crazy, then chilling at joints like brgr (ironic that we didn't even TRY their burger), as well as jamba juice (where i prompty took at dump at their toilets after drinking so much juice.. ok u didn't need to know that)

not forgetting the places, and even the gem of a hotel i found. gerswhin hotel was uber-kitsch and just a nice find, so well-located near to the flatiron district that shopping was literally a stone throw's away. we pushed some wierd cube at k-town in the middle of the night (instigated by cw), went shopping at every single possible shopping place, hit greenwich village (i still cannot pronounce that word) and quarreling with cw over which movie to watch at that meteorically expensive theatres at Times Square (i wanted to watch National Treasure 2 and he insisted on Sweeney Todd.. and we ended up watching the disaster of Beowulf-3D which honestly.. sucked.)

oh oh! and i think i went on a realty-tv contestant spotting streak (think linken's gonna think i'm a complete pathetic sod but hehe.. who cares).. saw Malan from PR3 shopping at Marc Ecko and then saw Neil from SYTYCD2 (i think) at the theatres queueing for.. Sweeney Todd. haha.. i think i'm wasting my memory on utterly useless stuff.

so yeah, i actually miss NYC.. glad to be able to spend half a day there before I head to yet another metropolis called london. =).. wish me luck!

No comments: